Free-for-Use structural shape library for products based on core Autocad 12 through Autocad 2010. STRUCT parametrically draws shapes in section, plan view and elevation using property libraries and user defined layers. Struct also provides quick access to shape dimensional properties for reference. Shapes included are Wide Flange (W, M, S), Angles (L), Channels (C), Pipes, Tubes (HSS), Tees (WT, MT, ST), Lumber and Concrete Masonry Units (CMU).
Struct V3.1 was born in 1995 as a parametric program in AutoCAD V12. It’s original purpose was to draw Wide Flange Shapes in accordance with AISC specifications. It quickly evolved into a program named Steel and contained parametric procedures to draw most of the AISC steel shapes. Later, Lumber and CMU parametric procedures were added and the name was changed from Steel to Struct.
- If a ‘.ini’ file is deleted then Struct will fail to produce a shape for that given file. Reason: Struct is not set up to create new files. Remedy: Copy a ‘.ini’ file from another shape and rename it to the missing file or create a blank text file named ‘[Shape Name].ini’.
- Struct will not create layers. If a layer that is specified in the preferences does not exist in the drawing Struct will return an error.
- The layer selected for hidden lines must have a the linetype set inside AutoCad’s layer dialog box. If the layer has continuous selected then all hidden lines will appear continuous.
Future Releases of Struct:
- Continue support for new releases of AutoCAD.
- Add Metric and International versions of the shape libraries.
- Allow preselected shapes and sizes to bypass the shape selection dialog boxes giving users the option to create icons and pull-down menus with commonly used shapes.
- Incorporate multi-language support.
- Move the shapes to a Dynamic Block model for versions of AutoCAD that supports them. This will give users additional options, such as breakline at the end of an elevation view or plan view.
- Auto-Create ‘.ini’ files. See known issues.