As-Built CAD/BIM Surveys (AE Documentation of Existing Structures: CAD Survey, BIM Survey)
Our proposal to perspective clients:
- Rely on our experience in documenting existing structures. Using in-house staff may seem like the best solution, but consider: has your staff size been reduced due to the economy? It’s important to keep them productive at what they do best. How often does your staff travel? How often do they document existing structures? Can they perform the survey efficiently? We are able to survey approximately 35,000 SF a day.
- Items Provided: Printable Format
- Final surveys are delivered in Autodesk Autocad (CAD), Autodesk REVIT (BIM) or Nemetschek Vectorworks (CAD/BIM). Our drawings comply with AIA CAD standards or we can incorporate a client’s existing standard.
- Delivery of surveys generally take two weeks from the date that we have access to the structure, however we can rush a project if needed.
- Our fee structure is based on the building area and given by proposal. Clients are able to accurately budget projects rather than guessing at unknowns.
- If we overlook something, we will provide it or return to the site free of charge. See Notes for exceptions.
- All travel, lodging and scheduling are inclusive in our fee structure.
AEC Communications, Inc. provides nationwide as-built surveys of existing structures for Architectural design, facilities management, insurance records, and lease area verification purposes. The goal of a survey is to accurately convey existing conditions in a manor that client understands and can develop a scope of work for new construction.
As the A|E|C industry moves in the direction of Sustainable Design and Green Buildings (LEED) the need for this service is increasingly important. Whether a survey is provided by in-house staff or by a consultant, such as AEC Communications, Inc., accurate knowledge about a structure is required for several reasons including building code compliance, LEED calculations and limiting change orders.
Architectural As-Built Survey – Items Provided: Printable Format